Are you interested in finding the best home-based transcription jobs?
Not many people know about this simple way to get paid. In fact, it took me signing up on Pinterest and passing by a pin that talked about it.
Average people were actually getting paid decent money working as a transcriptionist.
The work is simple. All you have to do is turn audio files into text.
How much you earn varies depending on how fast you can work. Pay is performance-based.
This is actually a good thing! Also, if you are already juggling a job and have a really tight schedule this will work out perfectly. You’re not obligated to any contract or any specific hours.
Simply log in to one of the transcription companies which I will share some soon and pick a job only when you’re ready.
Proven Training: Learn How I Built an Online Business in 5 Minutes…
HOME BASED TRANSCRIPTION JOBS TRAINING
You want to have the biggest advantage possible and know all that there is to be the best at what you do and make the money you can. There is top-notch training out there that will point you in the right direction.
Right now the top course out there that teaches you A-Z is Transcribe Anywhere.
Here’s what you”ll learn:
- Video Tutorials – Watch over the shoulder of someone else to see exactly how it is done. There are a TON of information articles out there, but there is nothing like seeing it done with your own two eyes
- Demo Work – Before ever even applying to a transcription job, Transcribe Anywhere can give you the much-needed practice you need so that your fully prepared to sign up to any company.
- Want to Earn the Most? – Veteran transcribers use certain tools, tips and even tricks that set them aside from others. The knowledge will be useful. The faster and more efficient you are will open more doors and job opportunities.
- And there are other things as well, visit Transcribe Anywhere for more info on the course.
10 Best Home Based Transcription Jobs Hiring Beginners
#1. SCRIBIE – #1 Home Based Transcription Site for Beginners
The thing is that some sites can be very picky about who they let in. Some of you may be thinking transcribing audio to text is a joke side hustle and people are likely earning pennies.
Let me put things into perspective. Scribie is considered to be the easiest work with and they allow beginners, unlike other websites. On average someone who is dedicated and editing files frequently, can see up to $1,000 in one month of solid work on this website in particular.
Funny thing is that everyone says scribie pays the lowest, so you can only imagine the potential on a more intermediate site for transcribers.
How It Works:
- Setup an account. No hidden fees or anything like that. It’s 100% Free to Get Started.
- Be sure to check your email right after account creation. You won’t be added to the waiting list without confirming your email/
- Wait. It may take a full 24 hours before they get back to you. Be patience and check your email periodically.
- Take the test! This is important. If you fail the demo test that they give you, they won’t allow you to work with them. I strongly advise that you practice first. The paid course Transcribe AnyWhere is the best place to start learning the in and outs.
Another hot one to make the list would be Rev. Over the years, they have grown a name for themselves and people of all experiences are welcomed to sign up. Weekly pay is one of the really cool perks people enjoy about this platform.
Audio files are mainly based around academic related topics. They have a really user-friendly platform. In fact, they have a forum where members can make suggestions on things they like and don’t like. They are always looking to make things better for users.
You don’t see much more earning potential compared to Scribie. But according to credible sources, you can see around $1,500 or more transcribing audio on this platform. Which is about $500 more than you would see on Scribie.
What I Like
- Weekly pay is always great! Combined with PayPal, you’ll be getting paid out super quickly. Pay goes out almost instantly the day you’re said to be paid.
- No Boss. One big reason why I wanted to start doing online side hustles was due to the fact that I was tired of building someone else dream and being under the control of someone else.
- Set Your Own Hours. You can make just as much as you would at a regular job. The best part is that you also get to work on your time! No one will be telling you when to come in and clock out. If you want to spend all day transcribing text, you can! Or you could just work for an hour or less. It’s up to you. There are no contracts or obligations!
And be perfectly comfortable knowing that they actually pay…
Start Transcribing with Rev
GoTranscript is a transcription company known to have tasks for even beginners. This means that they don’t require any previous experience in transcription. They’ll even accept transcriptionists from anywhere around the world.
With this company, you can choose your own hours; work whenever you feel like it, for however much you want.
The pay is reported to be up to $45 for each recorded audio hour. So if you want to be a transcriptionist, whether beginner or experienced, GoTranscript is a good place to start.
Signing up to GoTranscipt
To get started as a transcriber with GoTranscriopt, just follow these steps:
- Create an account on GoTranscript. Use valid information when signing up to avoid payment problems in the future.
- You’ll be directed to the GoTranscript dashboard, where you’ll need to complete a short quiz.
- Once done, you’ll have to take a transcription test from GoTranscript, making sure to follow their guidelines.
- Transcribe the test audio as fast as you can with as much accuracy as possible. Submit it for review afterward.
A representative from the GoTranscript team will contact you within a few days with your results. If you’ve passed, then they will email you with instructions on how to get started working with them.
- Anyone can apply to be a GoTranscript transcriptionist. As long as you pass the test, you’ll be able to work for them.
- You get to choose your own hours and work whenever you want.
- Payouts are weekly via PayPal.
- All the jobs are 100% online…
- Which means you’ll need a computer and reliable internet connection.
- You’ll also have access to a great support team that will help you with any transcription problems you might run into.
Want to work with GoTranscript? Sign up here now to get the process started.
TranscribeMe is one of the more popular transcription companies out now. They, too, will hire beginners with no prior experience to transcribe for them. The only requirements are fluency in the English language and a good typing speed.
To start working for TranscribeMe, there is just a brief exam for you to take. Once you pass it, they will activate your account. You can then head over to their task hub where you can officially start transcribing audio.
If you happen to not pass the exam (which happens, no biggie!), you’ll get the chance to redo it in a couple of days.
Newbie transcribers typically earn around $15/audio hour. But this comes with opportunities to take other exams from TranscribeMe, which allows their workers to earn more for their work.
Payments are made out to their transcribers every week through PayPal. And there is just a small $10 threshold you’ll have to reach before cashing out.
Working with TranscribeMe comes with many of the perks that transcribers look for, including:
- Freedom to work whenever you want, however much you want.
- There is always work available, 24/7
- Tasks are brought to you, eliminating the task of looking for jobs.
- You can get paid to transcribe short audio files, too. From 2-4 minutes long.
Click here to sign up for TranscribeMe.
Formally known as SpeechInk, SpeechPad is a company that not only does audio transcriptions, but video captioning too.
They hire people worldwide and all of their projects are done either through Amazon’s Mechanical Turk or through their very own SpeechPad Job Board.
SpeechPad’s sign up process is quick and easy, taking 5 minutes or less to complete. There are a few different qualification tests you’ll have to complete before getting to the real stuff.
They have an awesome Bonus Program that allows their qualified home-based transcriptionists the chance to earn even more money.
Click here for a rundown on all of the qualifications, in-depth descriptions of transcription style guides, and even sample transcription documents for transcribers.
For over a decade, Casting Words have been transcribing audio files for clients. They hire beginner transcriptionists from anywhere around the world.
The audio files on Casting Words are short, like TranscribeMe, only a few minutes long. And like most other companies, they payout out weekly, on Fridays.
Comparatively, their pay rate is lower than the other companies on this list. But the do have a bonus program that rewards their top performers with higher payouts.
If your transcribing work is among the best performing in their records, you will be given a chance to do editing, which brings in more than transcribing.
This site also has a forum where other Casting Words transcribers help each other and share new ideas.
Quicktate is a transcription company that works with a variety of audio files. Speeches, letters, and voice memos are just a few examples of the type of work they are given.
Working with Quicktate means you’ll have full flexibility. You choose your own hours with no strings attached.
It’s as easy as logging into their site and getting to work.
Their pay rate is quite specific: 1 cent for every 4 words for legal and general files. And 1 cent for every two words for files in the medical category. Weekly payouts are via PayPal.
8. Appen Global
This transcription company is based in Australia. They hire general transcriptionists and raters that would like to work from home.
They’ll have a few transcription tests for you to complete before you officially start working for them. When you are hired, a minimum of 10 hours a week is required of you to commit.
If you are fluent in more than one language, then that’ll definitely put you at an advantage with Appen Global, as that means there are more transcribing opportunities for you.
The difference between Appen and the other companies on this list is that the work isn’t all that consistent. So it’d be best not to put all of your eggs in one basket when working with Appen Global. Instead, signing up for a few companies will put you ahead.
9. GRM Transcription
This is a well-known company that has been around since 2004. They typically have entry-level positions for transcriptionists. But like the other companies, you must pass a test before officially getting hired to work with them.
GRM Transcription has the flexibility for the most part. The only stipulation to this is that you must commit at least 4 hours of work each week to continue getting paid with them.
There is no certain uber or rate that I know transcriptionists are getting paid with GRM Transcription. But it has been reported often that transcriptionists make up to $3000 a month here.
This copany has earned themselves a 4.6 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor, which is higher than average for other companies.
10. Accutran Global
AccuTran Global is a transcription company based in Canada but hires transcriptionists worldwide. They mostly deal with legal, medical and financial transcriptions.
AccuTran pays for each word transcribes. For transcribers just starting out, the rate is $0.005 per word on general audio files and $0.0066 as the top rate for foreign language audio transcribed by experienced transcribers.
They are a bit more strict with their guidelines and have actual deadlines that their transcribers must stick to.
Thinking About Transcribing?
If you are seriously considering taking up transcribing audio files as a part-time job, I say “Go for it!” It’s an awesome opportunity that is open to just about anyone and offers the most flexibility that not a lot of jobs have.
Making money in your spare time comes in many ways but transcribing audio is definitely one of the easier routes.
Just make sure you have some of the basic essentials for these tasks:
- A computer. This is definitely a must. It will make the job a lot easier since working with mobile devices while transcribing is near impossible and really not worth the time.
- High-speed internet. These are work from home opportunities, which means these jobs are 100% online-based. You definitely don’t want slow internet slowing you down when working.
- Headphones. You’ll do best with a pair. Noise-canceling is recommended as you’ll need to hear and type accurately when transcribing.
- Foot Pedal. It’s not mandatory for most companies. But it plays a big role in efficiency when needing to rewind audio over and over again.
With these basic tools, there’s hardly a way to fail with transcribing audio.
Feel free to leave a comment on these home-based transcription jobs!
Like This Article? Pin It!